Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Special Outing with Nona

Written from Elijah's perspective !

Yesterday was fun!   Nona Mia came home from work all excited and said she wanted to take me "bye-bye".  I'm excited to get out for a little bit since I've been inside most of the day.    Next, Nona says it will just be her and I.   I tried to ask a few times if Mommy was going bye-bye too, but Nona said this outing was just for the two of us.

Next,  she loaded me in my Car Seat and attempted to seatbelt me in.   She had trouble with the belt getting locked in position too far to reach the buckle.   She messed with it for a bit before she got it right.  I wondered if I should tell her that "Mommy knows how to do it", but she seemed so content on learning how to do it herself.   I sit patiently while she figures things out.  


Nona drives a Jeep and its a lot of fun.   We talked about all the big trucks on the road, we saw a train going by, and we even sang some ABC songs and clapped our hands.   Nonna only clapped when we were stopped at the lights waiting to go.  She's big on this safety first thing...

We arrive outside a place called, "Golden Spoon" and Nona said we are going inside.  She spends another minute or so trying to get me out of the seatbelt.   This sure seems to be a struggle for her, perhaps she just needs more practice.     Nona asks for my hand since we are walking in a parking lot with cars.   I decide to let her hold my hand, just this time, since Mommy is not here.   I like to tease Nona by not letting her hold my hands sometimes,  but this time I better or she won't take me inside for frozen yogurt.

Nona orders enough yogurt to take home for the whole family.   They are going to be so excited !   Grandpa is going to say that Nonna is a bad influence on us, but he is going to eat it anyway and probably faster than anyone too.   He's soooo funny !

Nona hands me 4 spoons with napkins and leaves me in charge of taking these items home. Before we leave the store, I say Thank You to the cool guy who served it up and then bye-bye  to everyone in the store.  I can hear people say... awww, he is so cute, as I walk out.  .

Nonna is smiling and I know I make her happy.  I am being such a big boy and listening to everything she says.  In fact, I even try to make her happier by saying, " Thank You Nonna" over and over all the way home.    I'm so excited I can hardly wait to get home and eat my treats.

As you can tell by the pictures below, I like my yogurt !