Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Missing Mommy

Dear Elijah,

From the moment you woke up in the morning, you were missing your Mommy more than usual. While Nonna was getting you dressed, you kept pressing your "Navy Bear's" paw so you could hear your Mommy's voice saying she loved you, over and over.   Nonna took you to school and you saw the pancakes (see other blog post) so your sadness was gone.



When Nonna picked you up from school today, Miss Grace told me you had one of your roughest days yet.  She said you kept mentioning how much you missed your Mommy.  She said you even cried for a little while.   Miss Grace sat and held you for a while before you got interested in the cartoon on TV and felt much better.

On our ride home in my Jeep, you and I talked about our feelings.  We talked about how sometimes you will get sad but we just need to remember how much Mommy loves us.  The fact that Mommy is off working so hard to make a better life for you proves her love.   We know how hard this must be on Mommy too.   We talked about our airplane visit to Mommy's graduation and you became so excited.     At the end, you said to me, "Nonna, you make me so happy."   By saying this you almost had me crying tears of joy.  You always make me smile!

Google Images