Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 7, 2010

What All Children Want Their Parents To Know...

Dear Elijah,
Today I was browsing in one of my favorite little bookstores and came across this book.  Mommy, Papa and I are all reading it so we make sure we are helping Mommy parent you in the best way possible.  We love you so much and want you to grow up to be an amazing man.



Teach me to love and care for myself
Through your own positive example. 
I'll learn from all your actions
And grow to have good self-care.

Notice me often. 
Taking joy in my very existence.
I'll grow up knowing I am special
And help others to feel the same. 

Listen to me with empathy.
Have an open and loving heart. 
I'll know I'm seen and heard
And grow to be a good listener.

Laugh and have fun with me often
Be affectionate every day.
I'll play and enjoy my life
And bring more joy to others. 

Acknowledge me often,
And tell me when you appreciate me. 
I'll know that I am worthy
And learn to acknowledge others. 

Teach me to be disciplined, 
And correct me with kindness.
I'll lead a life of dignity,
With the pride of self-respect. 

Allow room for me to grow, 
To make mistakes and have opinions. 
I'll learn to be independent 
And to trust my own judgment.

Stay interested in learning 
And following your dreams.
I'll pick up your enthusiasm 
And be inspired to do the same. 

Be honest and authentic,
And live your highest values. 
I'll learn from your experiences
And grow to have integrity. 

Teach me to be of service 
And to honor the differences in others. 
I'll learn generosity of spirit
And embrace all walks of life. 

Focus on what's going right
And have faith during troubled times.
I'll learn the skill of optimism, 
With gratitude for each new day. 

Love me without condition, 
Throughout my ups and downs. 
I'll know that I am cherished
And bring more love to the world.

- Diana Loomans and Julia Godoy